EMHS COVID-19 UPDATE
Dear valued guests of Erin Melinda Hair Studio,
Thank you for your patience and understanding during this unprecedented time.
We are thrilled to welcome you to our hair studio. Please note that we are taking clients by appointment only!
We are eager to get each EMHS guest excited, informed, and prepared for important and necessary changes upon being welcomed back into our hair studio. Please read below:
PROCEDURES & PROTOCOLS
THE NEW EMHS EXPERIENCE
At EMHS, we are proud to care. Ensuring the health and safety of our clients, team, and community remains our top priority.
WE BELIEVE IT IS OUR RESPONSIBILITY TO PROVIDE A SAFE, SANITIZED, AND COMFORTABLE ENVIRONMENT FOR ALL.
We take our role as members of your community seriously and wanted to provide you with the procedures and protocols we have in place to guarantee a safe salon reopening. As we continue to navigate the COVID-19 pandemic, we remain committed to doing everything we can to help flatten the curve. In doing so, we wanted to share the decisions we’ve made to adapt the EMHS experience during these extraordinary times.
We will be seeing clients by appointment only. Our goal is to limit the amount of people in the salon at any given time. Spacing between people in the salon will be six feet apart at minimum, except when team members are servicing clients. To accomplish this, we will modify appointment schedules accordingly; and only utilize a limited number of stations on both our upper and lower levels to ensure social distancing is observed.
We have taken extra precautions and have put more rigorous cleaning measures in place to equip our team with additional sanitation procedures and protocols. All team members will receive supplementary health and sanitation training to prevent the spread of germs.
WE WILL ENGAGE IN TOUCH-LESS GREETINGS AND GOOD BYES, AS WE WILL NOT BE SHAKING HANDS OR HUGGING AT THIS TIME
PREPARING FOR YOUR APPOINTMENT:
1. Wear a face mask at our hair studio at all times. Please bring a personal mask with you as we will have a limited quantity of reusable and disposable masks available. To remain mindful of the environment; we are kindly asking clients to bring a reusable mask from home, in order to limit the amount of waste from disposable masks used. For haircut clients; we suggest bringing two reusable masks with you for comfort, as some hair clippings may fall into your mask during the service. Having a fresh mask to change into at the end of the service may be preferable for you!
2. Arrive in clean clothing, with only your personal device and form of payment. Please note we will not be offering any cell phone chargers to be used to help prevent the spread of germs.
3. Arrive no more than five minutes before your booked appointment, as designated waiting areas will no longer be available. You will be asked to wait outside until your service provider is ready to serve you.
4. Attend appointments alone. Friends, family members, children and/or pets will be asked to stay at home. Please note that even for kids cuts appointments, we will only allow the child to come inside for their appointment.
5. Accept the terms and conditions sent to you via appointment confirmation, prior to arriving at the location.
ARRIVING AT YOUR APPOINTMENT:
You will be asked to confirm if you are feeling well – no fever, cough, or difficulty breathing.
2. Expect to have your temperature taken upon entering the location. We will use a contactless, infrared thermometer to check the temperature of every team member and client that enters the salon. Any team member or client with a temperature above 99 degrees F will be sent home, advised to seek medical attention and welcomed to return to the location when a fever a symptoms of COVID no longer exists.
3. Please disinfect your hands upon arrival, using the restrooms and/or sanitation stations provided. It is advised to wash hands with clean water and soap for a minimum of 20 seconds.
4. Outside food and/or drinks will not be permitted in the salon. Serving beverages of any kind, magazines, and complimentary charging stations will be temporarily unavailable.
DURING YOUR APPOINTMENT:
1. Clients will be provided with a protective layer and fresh washed and sanitized towel.
2. For shampoo services, the team member performing the shampoo service will wear a face mask for additional protection.
3. If you wish to purchase hair products, jewellery or candles, a team member will collect the preferred product(s) and have them ready for the end of your service. Please refrain from touching the products to prevent from germs spreading.
AFTER YOUR APPOINTMENT:
1. Please prepare to pay for service(s) and/or product(s) in the chair to limit front-desk interactions. A pin pad will be provided, and cashless payments will be both preferred and encouraged.
2. Book your next appointment by calling or emailing to limit front-desk interactions. Note that we currently are able to book appointments until July 18th. We will be monitoring the situation. Once we are able to book 2nd and 3rd appointments, we will announce this information.
WE HAVE MANDATED THAT ALL TEAM MEMBERS:
Wear a mask at all times.
Wash their hands, before, after. and throughout every appointment.
Clean and disinfect all tools with alcohol, before and after every appointment.
Clean and disinfect their chair and station, before and after every appointment.
Sanitize their hands throughout the service if they change tools or step away from their station at any time.
Use disposable (single use) towels only.
Stay home if they are sick and/or not feeling well.
OUR GUEST SERVICE REPRESENTATIVES WILL BE CONTACTING CLIENTS DIRECTLY TO RESCHEDULE AND CONFIRM APPOINTMENTS.
We appreciate the urgency to confirm your appointment(s) as soon as possible; and with limited phone staff, please allow our team to contact you. Due to the schedule changes of the Service Providers, your appointment(s) may not stand as it was previously reserved. Our team will be working diligently to accommodate the many changes that have occurred.
Although essential, we recognize that the changes to the EMHS experience as we know it are immense. We remain committed to providing an experience that is unparalleled, despite the temporary modifications we’ve made to our services.
WE ARE DEEPLY GRATEFUL FOR YOUR SUPPORT AND UNDERSTANDING DURING THIS TIME.
We will continue to assess this situation as it evolves. In the meantime, we encourage everyone to keep well, stay informed, and follow the advice of health care officials. Please take care of yourselves and your loved ones.
We look forward to serving you again soon; safely and with care.
-Your Erin Melinda Hair Studio Family
ANSWERING YOUR COVID-19 QUESTIONS
During this unprecedented time, we wish to give you some relief by answering some of the many questions that have worried many of our clients.
1. When will your business reopen?
We are re-opening on Friday, June 19th, 2020!
In the meantime, we are taking several health and safety precautions to clean and sanitize our space for your safety. Please follow us on social media (Facebook, Instagram @erinmelindahairstudio) to be the first to know when we open.
2. Where can I re-book my appointment?
You can re-book your appointment via phone call or email. As of right now we are booking until September 12th as we monitor the COVID situation.
3. How will your business keep me safe when you’re-open?
We’ve taken multiple steps to ensure the safety of our staff members and our guests upon the reopening of our hair studio. We have worked diligently to clean and sanitize our business according to the CDC standards and recommendations to create the safest environment possible.
Some of the many examples of how we will conduct a safe environment for both clients and staff members is through the following:
6 ft apart
Clients will be asked to wait outside upon arriving for their appointment until a staff member notifies them to enter
Limited number of clients and stylists allowed in salon at the same time. Only a few stations will be utilized.
No hugging or hand shaking good bye or hellos
Clients will be asked to pay with credit or debit from their stylists’ station using sanitized debit machine terminal or e-transfers
Limited front desk interaction (for instance: Clients can rebook appointments via email or telephone to avoid front desk interaction)
We are requiring each guest to bring their own mask to their appointment. If not, we provide a limited supply
Each stylist will wear a protective mask at all times
Stylists will take extra precautions by cleaning and sanitizing their tools before and after every client sits in their chair.
Staff members will disinfect their work space including chairs and sinks after every client.
Staff members will clean bathrooms every hour.
At this time we will not be providing beverages or cell phone chargers
4. Can I still order products online?
Yes! All of our retail products you have come to know and love are available through email order for curbside pick up only. Email us at to place an order.
5. Can I purchase eGift cards from your salon?
Yes! Purchasing a Gift card is a safe, remote, and great way to support your local businesses while setting yourself up for a beautiful future. To request a gift card please email us at email@example.com.
6. Are there any other ways I can help?
Leave a Google and or Facebook Review
Like and Share Our Posts!
Thank you for your continued support and loyalty!
Erin Melinda Hair Studio